A Guilt Free Thanksgiving Desert - Quick Pumpkin Mousse

It is hard to stick to a nutrition plan during holidays. However, you still can have a desert without sabotaging your weight loss goals. I found this recipe in the magazine couple years ago, and I have been making it for holidays since. It is very easy and fast to make, and it tastes delicious. I do not put heavy whipped cream in my recipe when I make it because I do not want to add more calories to my treat. However, I decorate the desert with a fat free dairy whipped topping. It is your choice whether you want to use heavy whipped cream or not in your recipe. Enjoy this scrumptious desert!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cold skim milk
1 package (1 Once) sugar-free, fat-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1 cup sugar-free heavy whipped cream (optional)




In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Combine pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon; fold into pudding. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped cream.   Divide evenly between 4 individual serving dishes, like small wine or parfait glasses. Refrigerate until serving. Top with dollop of whipped cream (1/2 cup total). Makes 4 servings.

Calories per serving: 109, Fat: 5.7g, Protein: 4.7, Carbs: 9.8g.

No comments:

Post a Comment