Have you ever wondered whether you should wear makeup to the gym? Personally, I wear makeup to the gym all the time. Since my skin is oily, it has the tendency to breakout easily. I pick my makeup and skin product very carefully because I do not want to clog my pores. Here are couple makeup and skin care tips from my personal experience.
2) Good moisturizer is essential. I have oily skin but I always moisturize it because moisturizers reduce overproduction of oil and minimize an oily appearance. I have been using Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Moisturizing Day Creme. It is very moisturizing and is good for a makeup base.
3) Never forget to use the eye cream. The skin around the eye area is thin, and it is one of the first places that begins to show age. My recent discovery is Age Reform Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Eye moisture by Dr. Murad. This cream is very hydrating and firms the skin. It is very gentle and does not irritate a sensitive eye area.
4) Tinted moisturizer can be a great option for your skin type if you do not want to wear foundation to the gym. There are many great tinted moisturizers on the market, such as Laura Mercier, Nars, and Smashbox. If you want more coverage, you can use a liquid mineral foundation or mineral powder foundation. I do not have any problem wearing a liquid mineral foundation to the gym. You can also mix your moisturizer with a small amount of foundation to create your own tinted moisturizer. Do not forget to clean your makeup brushes regularly. I always apply my makeup with a brush. If I use a sponge, I throw it away after I use it because sponges tend to carry more bacteria after they have been used.
6) It is never too late to start using anti-aging products. If a product has vitamin C, it can help your skin look younger. Sometimes I use VitaShield Vitamin C Intensive Treatment under my moisturizer; it has a high concentration of vitamin C and prevents aging process.
7) I always wear mascara to the gym. You can definitely use waterproof mascara if you are afraid that your mascara might smudge or run. I use a regular mascara and have never had any problems with it .
|Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner|
Here are couple more tips. Never forget to wash your face after every workout as soon as you can. If you will clean your skin properly, your skin will not break out and look great all the time. It is important to invest in a good moisturizer and eye cream. If you start taking care of your skin when you are young, then you do not have to worry of wrinkles soon.