Eating oatmeal day after day can get old really fast. This recipe is perfect for weekend morning when you have a little extra time to cook and spoil yourself with this delicious meal. This recipe makes 2 servings.
3/4 cup oats
2 oz chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/3 tsp sea salt
6 oz low fat milk or almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Spray the inside of baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, half the walnuts, Splenda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
4. Arrange the bananas on the bottom of the baking dish. Place 3/4 cup blueberries on top. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture.
5. Slowly pour the milk/egg mixture over the fruit and oats, and cover it completely. Sprinkle the remaining berries and walnuts on top.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the mixture has set.
7. Remove from the oven. Let cook for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Per serving: Cals: 471 Carbs: 51g, Fiber: 9g Protein: 13g Sugars: 19.5g Sodium: 83.5mg