1 orange piled and cut
12 oz of natural apple juice (no sugar added)
3 oz raisins
2 oz pitted dates
2 oz almond meal
1 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 pinches of ground cloves
2 teaspoon Stevia
1. Soak raisins in apple juice for a few hours. If you do not have almond meal, you can use chopped almonds or pecans. Soak the chopped nuts with the raisins in the apple juice. It will bring out the flavor even more.
2. Place the soaked fruit, almond meal, zest, pitted dates, and Stevia in a food processor and pulse to a paste.
3. Using a sharp knife, make a shallow cuts around the middle of each apple to prevent them from bursting during cooking.
4. Line a baking tray with foil.
5. Placed the cored apples on the baking tray and stuff each one with the filling.
6. Cover the baking tray loosely with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees or until apples are soft.
7. Decorate apples with orange pieces.
One serving: Cals: 168, Fat: 2.25g, Sodium: 35mg Carbs: 35g, Fiber: 3.25g, Protein: 2g, Sugars: 31g